When we have a healthy oral routine and a healthy mouth we generally have a better quality of life. No worrying about dentist visits or other issues with our teeth can free up a whole lot of space for enjoyment.
Signs of good oral hygiene:
- Your teeth are clean and free of debris
- Your gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush and floss
- You don’t have a problem with bad breath.
If you have bleeding gums, bad breath or notice any other issues with your teeth and gums see a dentist so that they can help you find out the problem and the best way to treat it.
How can you practice good oral hygiene?
You need to perform daily oral care, including thorough brushing and flossing both in the morning and at night, so that you can prevent problems from occurring in your mouth and then having to seek expensive dental care.
It is vital that you visit your dentist regularly and follow their recommendations as well as doing the following:
- Eating a balanced diet and limiting snacking between meals
- Brush twice a day and floss daily
- Use dental products that contain fluoride, including toothpaste and mouthwash
- Limit the amount of sugar you consume – this increases bacteria and leads to cavities.
Follow this Colgate Guide on how to brush and floss correctly:
It is not hard to up keep a healthy oral hygiene routine. Following this guide could mean the difference between an expensive dental procedure and none at all.